5.02.2012

May 1st...

Seven years ago today... I think I recall a strong sense of nesting going on. There seemed to be lots of last minute organizing. Loads of laundry being done, lists being crossed off, and making sure everything was just so. There was a bun in the oven, and the timer was ticking. The bun was ready to come out and the over was really, really full.

May 1st. My feet were so huge. I showed Kennedy this morning how I walked on May first. She asked me if I even held my hands like a penguin, because she exclaimed, I sure walked like one! My belly was so large, I could no longer see my feet. I could not walk far without getting out of breath, and I wasn't even diagnosed with asthma at that point in life yet! I was so very excited to become a Momma, I could hardly stand it. The anticipation, at that point was what kept me up every night, in addition to the fact that I could not get my big ole' belly comfortable in our teeny, queen size bed.

The baby was due on May 11th. I had not started to have any real contractions to write home about, and had a scheduled induction for the 11th. Because the baby was measuring so large, they were not planning to let me go a moment longer. And boy was I thankful! As I woke up this morning, Kennedy exclaimed to me, "Momma... it's here, it's here!!! It's our month!!! It's May 1st!!!!" I am so very thankful she didn't come a moment later in May. I love that I get to celebrate the month sooner with her. You see, her birthday comes first, then we celebrate Mother's Day, then my birthday, and well... since our last day is May - yep... we've deemed it ... OUR Month!

So, the first of May always leaves me very reflective... because, it's also the first month of my life I became a Momma...and how cool is it I get to celebrate Mother's day in that same month? And this year... Seven? No longer a baby... no more toddler years... seven. wow. That just seems HUGE to me. SEVEN.

stick with me while we celebrate all month.... and I'll share with you Kennedy's awesome One Little Word Project for her Seventh Year!!! It's gonna be big for her!

Peace and be good!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS