8.16.2011

what i've been workin on...

so, since i've moved to bend, i've been inspired. could be the thin air. could be that i'm feeling better. could simply be that there is literally art and inspiration on every street corner. i'm not quite sure. whatever it is? i'm not complaining in the least. i'm inspired. and i'm loving it. and i want to make stuff. every day. here's some things i've made recently - right before we headed west, and then even more recent, since we've moved! What are you working on right now and what is inspiring you as you head back to school?

I know I'm inspired to make goodies for Kennedy's new teacher. This banner below was made last fall for her Kindergarten teacher... i think i might whip up another one this year. what do you think?

Back To School Banner - October Afternoon

My girl is forever stealing strawberries from the counter as I cut them up... so we've coined this the Strawberry Goblin... I had to do a page about this. I caught her in action over the summer!

Strawberry Goblin - October Afternoon
 Just whipped this lil number up at a crop last weekend.. using some Crate Paper from my stash and a cute candid photo of Kennedy on the morning of her 6th birthday. She was saucy that day! Love this look !!!
You Are My Sunshine - Crate Paper
 Also made last weekend... photos from a couple of summers ago. She looked so very serious here... so I called this Sand Warrior. Used all Echo Park. I love Echo Park so much I want to marry them. I don't think I have ever felt so connected to a paper line before. Everything they make, they think of me. It's all about ShelleyMay when they design their lines. They have me in mind, I am convinced. I need to design for them. I must. I love their papers. The weight. The designs. The embellishments. It's just totally me. I can eat up a collection easily. Pure love.
Sand Warrior - Echo Park
 My niece, Caitlyn, is going into 3rd grade. She needed a clipboard, comp book, and pencil box this year. She couldn't go in with standard supplies. ohhhh no no no way! nope. she got boutique style supplies! Customized... that's right!  She was smiles ear to ear when she saw this stuff! I told her to tell her teachers I do custom orders! lolol Again - Echo Park! swoon!
Cait's School Set - Echo Park

So - I showed you mind.. now show me yours! what have you been workin on?

peace and be good!

Shell

1 comment:

Melonie said...

GIrl you are on FIRE!!! And I love it...every last project!! Keep em' coming:)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS