8.08.2007

I REALLY CAN BUY MY OWN HAPPINESS...

i have always been of the school of though that money cannot buy happiness. but you know what? that's not true. really. it's not. it can. trust me. i have been fighting getting my home in order for over two years now. when i moved in here, i was 5 months pregnant. didn't realize when the house was being shown, how filthy dirty the people that lived before us really were!

two and half years later, and countless arguments with the DH about hiring a housekeeper, i won. and you know how i won? i hired one and just plain didn't tell him! period. they are here and i am about as gleeful as a child running around looking for change to spend on the ice cream man as his little truck tools through the neighborhood playing what the hell is that song? i am giddy. excited! i want to scream it from the rooftops! i have arrived people!!! i can finally afford a housekeeper!!!!! wooo hooo!!!

really. is a little over a hundred bucks to much to ask to buy sanity for your wife? i think not. cleanliness is next to godliness. so, we'll see once my home shines like a shrine! it is the number 1 top item on my list of frustrations... cleaning the house to a point of satisfaction. i've never achieved it. ever. hopefully this is the dawn of a new day.

on other fronts...

i decided i'd take some time off last week and have my gall bladder removed. i mean, it's one of the useless organs we have been given. why not? right? oh, did i mention it was 90% full of gall stones? yes, people, that's 90%. so, i had it out. dr. tyler, the same doc that got the pleasure of removing my gross thyroid took care of me. let me tell you, that man is an artist. i have 4 incisions... 6 days post op, that look like paper cuts. not even noticeable once they heal 100%. today is the first day, i can honestly say, i feel great. i ate - didn't feel sick after like i used to. and who knew? i never even knew i was having gall stone issues. i had had a stomach ache "episode" the week before and just couldn't shake the pain. so i went to the doc and here we are.

that being said - five surgeries in four years.. i need to work on something to get done next year! hey, what about the appendix? i only need one kidney and one lung.. let's DO THIS! seriously, though.. i really, truly, madly, deeply hope this turns a corner for me and i am on the road to good health. i've been fighting something, consistently for two years solid now. pancreatitis, pneumonia, 10 sinus infections, the flu, constant stomach problems, aches, pains, oh and did i mention the depression and anxiety of my 20's returned? or did my post partum baby blues just get put on a delay and then resurfaced after the baby was over a year old?

so... i have a new outlook. my home and my health are my #1 priority. if all of that is squared away, everything else should just fall into place. i am believing in this. i have to. the fight has worn me out and i am tired of faking my happiness.

all in due time, right?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH Shelley, so glad the girls could come right away and clean your place! And yse - it will buy you some peace of mind and allow you to focus on really important things in life .....like you! You are the only Mommy Kennedy has, the only wife Ron has, and the onlt Shelley friend I have. So please make you a priority! It is a lesson too many women don't learn. WE are IMPORTANT! So take care of you! And Smile...things could be worse....take time to enjoy the little moments, the little joys. And breathe in the whiff of a CLEAN house! - Bon

ellen s. said...

good for you and the cleaning lady...i so need to get another one now that i am back to work.

i think you deserve it, sounds like you have been through a lot and i hope things are on the up and up for you..

take care of you, girl! you're the only one you got ;) {and us too}

Melonie said...

Good for you Shelley! A clean house makes me happy and a messy one makes me CRAZY! SO glad you are feeling a bit better today. (((HUGS))))

Tricia said...

HEHEHE....that's one secret I'll never tell!!! ;) Too funny!

I'm happy you are feeling better Shelley! HUGS!

Anonymous said...

today was cleaning lady day here...and it's worth every penny!

Holly said...

I, too, have a house that has never been as clean as I would like it to. Ever. Maybe I should look into that housekeeper thing! I love your writing style...you really made me laugh. I needed that today. Thanks.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS