2.20.2007

on liking me...

this is a task that has not been easy for me in the past several years. motherhood has taught me SO much about this. i spent my twenties not liking myself. disrespecting myself. not taking care of myself. in my thirties, i was faced with one health problem after the next, so i really began to loathe myself. to question my worth. and then i got pregnant. it all changed. i realized in order to raise a healthy, self respecting child in today's society, it has to begin with me. if i do not take care of myself, like myself, and cherish myself... of what worth am i to my daughter?

today's quote really hit home to me. i am working towards more and more success. and i am liking it. and i am liking how i do it. i am simplifying life and that to me is success in and of itself.

"success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it." ~ Maya Angelou

happy tuesdays to ya!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS