12.21.2010

December Daily - Day 11

December 11 – 11 Things. What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)


  1. Chaos
  2. Disorganization
  3. Clutter
  4. Wasted Time
  5. Debt
  6. Unhappiness
  7. Poor Health
  8. Tempter Tantrums
  9. Lack of creative time
  10. Lack of concrete goals
  11. missing my family
CHAOS: taking time off the first week of the year to clear my home of it

DISORGANIZATION: see above, this is tangible and virtually

CLUTTER: again, see above. tangible and technologically speaking. merging to one email account - finally, managing my blog reading... etcetera.

WASTED TIME: eliminating TV and wasted time on the internet. time on the internet is fine if it's spent writing or reading - other than FB!!!

DEBT: well.. we worked a good deal on this in the last half of 2010. we are making progress. it's time to kick it up a notch. to begin with, debit cards will no longer be used. we will manage a budget and only have cash as needed. there is no reason this cannot be done. at this point in time, i have a very small amount to pay off in order to be debt free. it IS attainable.

UNHAPPINESS: i can rid this because i said so, damnit. i worked very hard on this in 2010. my one little word was happy. i read the happiness project and attempted to incorporate little snippets of happy into my life each day. it's a work in progress. but a better momma, makes for a better home. i've tested that theory and not willing to let the work go.

POOR HEALTH: well, after today's news - much of this i have to hand over to my docs and to God. i will also get back onto herbalife and follow that plan. it's the one thing that worked for me. i have a wonderful support team in lance and marlene. i need to figure out which sort of auto-immune disease has now opened up shop in my body, and then proceed to kick it's nasty ass, just like i kicked grave's disease ass 7 years ago. i know how to fight, and i'm willing to do it again. oh, and i signed up for yoga. yeah, i'm scared as hell. nervous. and don't want to embarrass myself, but it's something i've wanted to do forever and a day. so there you have it. i said it out loud, so shall it be.

TEMPER TANTRUMS: kennedy will be 6 in 2011. the temper tantrums will go away then, right? i mean, they have to. but all of the other focus on me, then feeds into her. it's a cycle. when momma ain't happy.. yeah yeah, you know. so the more i work on me, the more, it in turn, works on her.

LACK OF CREATIVE TIME: i am taking back my tuesdays. i am scheduling crafting time. weekly and monthly. i am hosting two events at my house in january. first one is for my local girls i crop with. second one is a workshop for a friend. both things i've been nervous about doing for ever. for stupid reasons: will my house be up to everyone's standards, i'm embarrassed of what people will think. you know what? screw it. if people want to make judgement, they don't belong in my little world of happy. period. i don't think these women will.

LACK OF CONCRETE GOALS: i'm putting pen to paper. i've never really set goals. a mentor at work told me when i worked for him - i needed to always be setting goals. set some big ones at the beginning of the year that are realistic. and then break down some smaller ones each month, and then each week. put pen to paper. and blog about it! there's my accountability. and i don't need to pay for it!

MISSING MY FAMILY: i am making a more concerted effort this year to keep in touch with my west coast family. i miss them so much in my life. i yearn to have them close and to know what they've done each day. i am working at reaching out more to them in 2011 and not waiting for them to come to us. i love them more and more each day and realized this summer how very important they are in my life.i met such a large and wonderful side of my family i never knew i could love so much. makes me homesick just thinking about it. (yes, it's all you crazy oregon and so cal people! aunts, cousins, sisters, etc...)

and that about does it. peace and be good!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS