12.05.2010

december daily reverb - day 3

there were no pictures taken today. it was the 5th day of a pretty rough week with my girl. it resulted in some breakdowns - her, me, the nanny. me again. oh and me again. dad came home, and laid down the law. it was a grounding for her of the technological kind, and she needed to give up three toys, which she will wrap and donate. you'd think we cut off her arms and took away bunny. but she was brave.

the three of us then proceeded to the book fair at school. what is it about the book fair that i always loved? i have to tell you, i am so very glad we went. dad was excited to go, and K got to dress up in PJs to go to school, as it was PJ night at the book fair, and since it was the last night - all the books were 25% off! score! we loaded up on some christmas goodies... classics even. love the book fair. love it.

so the 3rd reverb10 reads: (and it's a good one)
December 3 – Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). (Author: Ali Edwards)



this one showed up in my mind instantly. it was this summer. we went away to hershey to celebrate kennedy's 5th birthday. we went to some caves and hiked down. when we were done and had hiked all the way back up, my husband told me he was proud of me. a year ago, my health was so bad, and i was so over-weight, i couldn't walk far or really do anything without an asthma attack breaking out. in may this year, i was about 40 pounds thinner, with asthma totally under control. and to hear your partner in life tell you they are proud of you? makes everything a little easier.

sometimes, it's just the little things.

peace and be good.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS