12.21.2010

December Daily - Day 17

December 17 – Lesson Learned. What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward? (Author: Tara Weaver)



i think the first thing that stands out for me on this topic is my career. this year was a year of growth for me. i grew professionally, leaps and bounds. i've had some wonderful mentors along the way. one in particular really believed in me. put me in a place i was least comfortable. held me to really high standards. and one thing i learned, was that it is ok to believe that often times people can see more potential in you than you can see in yourself. and you have to trust that they are right.

it's almost as though i had to "hand it over". i had to believe i was capable even when i was still learning to walk. i learned it is ok to be uncomfortable. i learned it's ok to fail. because otherwise, how do you learn? and trust me, i had some big "fails" this year. but on the rebound, several big successes. i handed it over. i stood up for myself and i never stopped believing in myself.

going forward? these lessons will apply personally. i tend to do so much better with growth and goal setting in my career. if i could take only 1/2 of that motivation into my personal life? everything else will fall into place.

be strong. be good.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS