12.31.2010

December Daily - Day 29

December 29 – Defining Moment Describe a defining moment or series of events that has affected your life this year. (Author: Kathryn Fitzmaurice)

this year, my life has been defined by poor health - with a short run of good health during the spring and summer. in the midst of all that internal chaos, i experienced loads of firsts with my daughter.

it's amazing i can do this thing called parenting. it's amazing she's such and astounding little person. shaping her into a sweet, compassionate and caring little girl has helped shape and define who i am today. i want nothing but greatness for my child. i will stop at nothing to help her achieve nothing short of greatness. i have become a momma bear - at the first moment she was bullied at school by the biter (whom i blogged about earlier in the year.) i never knew i could act so swiftly, quickly, and calmly.

every day, i grow and change because of her. she is my daily defining moment. but this year? first school bus ride, first new friend in school, first gym class, did i mention first bus ride? that i allowed a total stranger to drive my child around town? the fact that i did not follow him to school the first day is defining my strength as a momma.

my girl is independent, strong, compassionate and just plain sweet to her friends. as i help shape her, she defines me and makes me a better momm.

peace and be good.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS