12.21.2010

December Daily - Day 21

December 21 – Future Self. Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead? (Bonus: Write a note to yourself 10 years ago. What would you tell your younger self?) (Author: Jenny Blake)



Jenny Blake - author of this post... i don't think any of this really matters. what happened 10 years ago is the past. this question is rather contrived and foolish in my quest to reflect and manifest and do more with my life in 2011. i really strive to be present and focus on what's happening right now. i can't determine where i will be in five years, or even aspire to it. because, hell, in 6 months, a new opportunity will present itself to me that will change the next 4.5 years.

let's focus on the now. be present. be real. let go of the past and stop dwelling on it. do more. be more. love more. experience more.

really, jenny, sorry. but kind of lame.

peace and be good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that this was my initial response to this prompt. But since I had a similar response to an earlier contrived prompt I couldn't not do another one. I just wrote some words applicable to my past, present and future and left it at that :) LOVE what you had to say!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS